Tuesday, November 22, 2005

trip to auntie janel's house

Xander and I drove all by ourselves to Indianapolis to see Xander's godmother Janel and her new husband Travis. They just bought a big house and we couldn't wait to see it! We had a great visit and Xander was very well behaved! Even though we missed Daddy, we really loved the little town they live in and maybe we can move there one day and be close to our favorite girl, Janel! Another fun thing about the visit was that Janel cooked us a few meals while we were there and I got to learn a few new easy recipes to cook for Mark. I absolutely love sharing quick, yummy recipes with friends. Sometimes, it is something so simple, but you know how it is, you sometimes get stuck in a routine cooking the same meals over and over and just need a new idea to really perk up dinnertime! Anyway, she made chili over spaghetti with cheese sprinkled on top and cornbread as a side one night (it was YUMMY-and so easy!). Then another day for lunch we had french dip sandwiches. If you don't know what this is, it is a toasted bun with roast beef and mozarrella cheese melted over the meat, then you dip it in Au ju sauce. YUM!!! It literally took 7 mins to prepare! Mark and I have already made these at home for dinner paired with a quick spinach salad-Mark was raving! I guess we'll have to make them more often! I think the key to the sandwich is buying bread from the bakery that is fresh and tastes much better! Anyway, if anyone has any quick good recipes to share, PLEASE fill me in! I would love to start sharing some good ones!
Some pics from the trip!

Xander patiently awaiting a scrumptious meal from Auntie Janel


Xander is really enjoying running in their new house


SUPERMAN! Thanks for the ride, Auntie Janel

What a great visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure to have you two come and visit. Can't wait until you move here!

Jen said...

sound like fun- though i thought i was the favorite ;)