Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween?

So, maybe I had extraordinary expectations for Halloween (pretty typical of me to imagine a perfect scenario)...but it just wasn't all I had dreamed of. But, as Xander's favorite babysitter (Lindsey) would say, "we're makin' memories PEOPLE" :) It was a very rushed afternoon...I got out of school at 4:15, ran home to get Xander's stuff (where's the camera??) and made it to the sitter's at 5pm, then fought traffic to make it to our friends, Angie and Ethan's house. We had a delicious dinner of pizza (yum!) and then got both Xander and Ethan dressed for the festivities. They weren't as excited about the costumes as we were :) Then we took them outside and tried, unsuccessfully, to get a few pictures of them...would they smile? no. would they pose? no. would they sit still? no. But what do we expect? They are 15 and 17 months old! Xander wanted to run to the road every 5 seconds and I was so nervous my little skunk would become road kill that I decided to just carry him in my arms to go beg for treats :) Well, he is HEAVY!! (did I mention he is up to 27lbs!), so I let him walk up to the few houses that we made it to and each time, he would eagerly run up the sidewalk to the house-so happy to be free of my grasp-until he realized that the person waiting at the other end was not a familiar face. As the unsuspecting homeowner crouched down to give Xander a treat, he would thank them by falling to his knees, and throwing his body backwards as if to ask the heavens to please, let this person NOT look at him! Poor guy was scared! Anyway, it didn't last long as it was DARK and then started to rain! YUCK! Xander and Ethan both got about 3 treats and a goodie bag and we were back to Angie's. Oh well, there is always next year :) Here are some pictures of our little stinker-I'll include a posed shot we had taken a couple of weeks ago of him in his costume because I predicted that we would never get a good shot of him disguised as a skunk!


















































3 comments:

Jen said...

oh my gosh- your story just cracked me up. Tim is looking at me as if I am crazy right now- but somehow this just struck my funny bone ;)
He made the cutest skunk if I must say so myself! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys have the cutest costumes--can't wait to see next year's! I love the picture of you both!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay!! Look, I'm actually leaving a comment!! Anything to get out of studying ID, haha. J/k (or am I?;)) Oh my gosh, Xander was SOOOO adorable dressed up as a skunk!! he's such a cutie, I love seeing all these great pics of him!!!:)