Wednesday, April 26, 2006
growing up?
So, I think I've mentioned before that Xander has shown so much interest in potty training lately. Well, the last few days he has even been saying "uh oh, mama, pee pee" and putting his hand on his diaper, as if asking permission to go or something. Well, some mom's might be saying that is the exact time I should rush him to the bathroom so that he can do his "thing", right? Not me...I say "it's ok honey, you can go pee pee", and he seems alright with this. At first I was so excited, Ooh potty training-another milestone getting ready to check off. Then I realized that I am not ready to have a potty-trained son! I want him to be a baby still. Plus it is a lot of work always being on the lookout for signs of "relieving oneself". I just don't think I am ready for all of this! Same thing is happening with the whole "big boy bed" subject. I want him to sleep in a crib. He sleeps wonderfully and I know he is safe, so I sleep just as wonderfully. If we do the whole switch to a bed, I feel like we will be starting all over. He is a big boy and the pediatrician told us that he is big enough now to be out of a crib, but just because he is ready, doesn't mean I am! Have any other mothers experienced this or am I just being crazy? He won't even be 2 until July 30th!! Why do I feel so rushed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awww Linds- he is growing up!
Micah started showing signs about that same time- we let him go on the little potty when he wanted but didn't worry about it until a bit after he turned two- then he was fully ready and we had no problems at all. Good luck hun!! Oh and Big Boy bed- we did that at 18 months and were glad we did :)
Well with the bed, there is no need to feel rushed. If he's comfortable and you're comfortable and he's not trying to climb out then there's no reason why you have to rush.
With the potty-training, there is a such thing as missing your window of opportunity. I'm just sayin' ; )
Post a Comment