So now spring break is over and school is back on full speed ahead. Some may know, but here is a refresher, I am studying to get my doctorate in pharmacy…I graduate in May ’07 (assuming I continue to pass). I actually finish classes this July, then have to complete 8 months of rotations which are composed of 4 one-month required sites and 4 one-month elective sites. We are in the process of choosing these sites-the information is due by next Wednesday. I am having a hard time caring about this because I think they are just going to put me wherever they can and tell me that they did their best! So I feel as if I am setting myself up for disappointment by really spending any amount of time thinking on my selections. Just throw me in to get my feet wet and hopefully I will swim and not sink!
Mark and I have started a diet/exercise program!! Hee hee!! I am laughing because we are so hopeless, well, I am hopeless. If it wasn’t for Mark, I would have quit about 5 times in the past 2 weeks because I have absolutely no will power when it comes to all things yummy! Really, all we have accomplished thus far is making two very cranky parents for Xander! Poor guy! Although it totally sucks when your kid isn’t on a diet too and he asks for some chips…mmmm Pringles! Not only do I have to get them for him, but then I have to help him eat them b/c he is the messiest little tyke on the planet. Then when he is done crunching them into the carpet, guess who gets to clean them up, all the while reminding myself NOT to lick my fingers!! It’s a tough job but someone has got to do it!
Since Valentine’s day when my loving husband thoughtfully surprised me with a tart burner from Yankee, I have begun another obsession. Yes I am on a downward spiral with the whole tart thing. The obsession has gotten much worse since the Flood of ’06 (as we like to call it). When the carpet men came in to stop all mold/mildew that may have been considering taking up residence here, they sprayed the carpet with some kind of antimicrobial spray which doesn’t smell like roses! Needless to say, our house has started to smell like an old lady’s armpit and I have taken it upon myself to burn tarts round the clock – or at least during all waking hours! I am a tart-burning fool, and now I have even gotten Mark hooked! He has started picking them up when he goes out, asking me to try a new scent, and I have even caught him relighting it when a tea light has burnt out! We are some pair!
Xander is now 19months old and has, let me think, 10 teeth!! By the way, the last 6 have come in within the past 3 weeks or so, until then he was pretty much toothless. Ten may sound like a decent number, but if you were to see the order these teeth are coming in, what the ???? He has both top and bottom front two teeth (ok, sounds normal enough), then he has the tooth to the right the front teeth on top and bottom (with no left tooth in sight), and then for some weird reason, he has 4 molars way in the back, but nothing and I mean NOTHING, in between! I hope it was nothing I did during pregnancy to cause this poor kids physical problems J Other than the tooth shortage, Xander is becoming more “boy” everyday! He loves to hit, pinch, squeeze, throw, kick, yell and he is a temper-tantrum throwing maniac!! His life is full of “xander, mommy said no”’s and “we don’t hit each other, xander”, and my personal favorite “nice little boys do not put daddy’s toothbrush in the toilet, xander”…
Well, I guess I should head to bed, hope this satisfied you Jen…and I promise to try to be more faithful to my blog more often because my adoring fans just can’t live without it!!I will leave you with a cute picture or two of xander that will definitely be scrapped soon enough! Maybe I’ll share it and maybe I won’t, you’ll just have to check back to see!!


2 comments:
LOL Linds!! The toothbrush thing- oh my!! As for teeth- Addie is catching up fast- she is getting in tooth 5 and 6 now at 9 months :)
So nice to have a new entry! I had to read several parts out loud to Eric--soooo funny! Good luck with the basement/smell! Sorry to hear things are rough!
Post a Comment