Yesterday I wake up to a text message from mark-"don't freak out, but there is a dead raccoon in the backyard by the tree. don't go near it, i'll take care of it" so, at 6am, I'm thinking who cares about a freakin' raccoon and it was back to dreamland for me.
Once I finally got Xander ready to go to the sitter's for the day, I ran out to put his carseat in the Expedition and noticed the poor, very fat, raccoon. Trying hard to ignore it I finish putting the seat in and turned around to go to the front seat to turn the truck on to warm it up (seeing as how it was 29 degrees here) and realize that the stinkin' raccoon IS BREATHING!!! BAH!! Poor thing is NOT dead! I hurry and start the truck, then run to the sunporch to go back in and low and behold my loving son has LOCKED me out of the house in my time of need! So, I have to go past the raccoon again to get the keys back out of the truck and unlock the door! All the while, my heart is in my throat and visions of this ugly thing miraculously waking and attacking me are running through my mind!
Finally, we make it out of the house and I call "critter control" to come out and remove the animal while we are not home. 75$ later, the now "expired" animal is sleeping happily in raccoon heaven somewhere OTHER than our backyard! Just my luck that the thing had to croak in MY yard-not our next door neighbor's yard (who by the way has more money than God! :) Oh well, such is my life and it did make a funny blog entry, however expensive it was :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I would be a little bit afraid of a raccoon as well. Especially if I first thought it was dead and then all of a sudden was breathing. Glad you got it taken care of.
LOL- this was quite funny!! Sorry it cost you money- but it was a good laugh ;)
So where are the pictures girl?!
Was Xander having a party in there? Locking mommy out already heehee. Yikes, raccoons creep me out. I'm glad that you made it in the house. $75 bucks though? Next time, just use it as an excuse to stay in the house....hmmm maybe I need a raccoon.
Post a Comment