So, my life, since adding baby #3, has become extremely hectic! If you add in my use of facebook, it leads to a VERY neglected blog. In the wee hours, when I am doing everything BUT sleeping (Lord, help me!) I think about my poor blog and wish I could find the time to update and document all that happens (even the mundane). I really enjoy going back and reading all the silly stories and seeing the pictures that I post here.
My children are gifts straight from God! I have no doubts about that. What I am unsure about is what I did with my gifts of patience, energy, and the ability to stop time :) Mark and I have been trying hard to give each other much deserved and much needed "ME" time. Crazy work schedules and lack of sleep due to teething, ear infections, respiratory viruses, co-sleeping, stress, or just general insomnia have made the importance of self-indulging in something as "frivolous" as spending an hour on the computer or in Mark's case, in the garage just falls to the wayside. But, be that as it may, Mark spent a few hours playing with four-wheelers and basically covering himself and his clothes in gasoline fumes last night and I took over all kid-related-bedtime duties. Tonight, I am thinking I am due, right?
Here is a bullet-style update of the kids:
Xander
*is 5&1/2 and has really matured so much lately
*is going to kindergarten in the fall
*is a great big brother to both of his sisters, but has a special connection with baby Leah
*has officially started eating veggies! yes, it only took us 1/2 a decade-but green beans, cucumbers, carrotts (in small amounts) are officially on his menu-this is a BIG deal!
*is beginning to read! he knows a LOT of sight words, but is also sounding out a TON of stuff and can read level 1 books-he is soooo excited that he can "read"...in his words "i can read, can't i mom? isn't that awesome? i sure am growing up, huh?"
*can tell time pretty well (and I am not talking about digital clocks)
*is wearing size 6 slim jeans (with the waist all the way cinched), size 6/7 shirts, and size 13 shoes. He sure is a tall, skinny boy but his big head (he gets it honestly) makes him look bigger than he really is :)
*loves video games and is really good at them too (much better than me)
*is reading a devotional book every night with mom and dad-he is very interested in Jesus and praying (we have started to catch him praying for friends at school and family members)
*is a very "smart cookie" and seems to be following in my footsteps when it comes to being really interested in science and math
Xander is such a handsome and loving little guy. He has a lot of insecurities which seem to just be part of what makes him unique. We are so grateful for our son and can't wait to watch him blossom as he starts school and becomes more and more independent of us. Everyone should have a little boy to raise!
Avery
*is 3 years old and a practical mini-me
*has SUCH a huge and loving heart-she is always concerned when someone is hurting and always tells us how she will "never let a bad thing happen to us"
*gives THE BEST HUGS EVER! no exaggeration...she gives them freely too-c'mon over, we share :)
*loves to play with her brother and basically worships the ground he walks on-that is, until he stops sharing with her or wrestles with her and accidentally hurts her!!
*is NOT really that into her baby sister...although the baby did tip over the other day and I found Avery there comforting her and helping her sit up again
*is an animal LOVER!! she lives, breathes and eats all living things...from bugs, to worms, to cats and dogs, even plants-she is always talking to them, protecting them and standing up for them. She really needs a kitten...it would basically make her entire YEAR! (we're working on daddy)
*is almost as big as her brother...she wears size 4T in pants and 4/5 or XS in girls for tops and a size 9 in shoes. She is very tall and weighs 44lbs or so.
*HATES pony tails or clips in her hair-this is the reason I just had my hair dresser give her a cute bob! Her hair is always a crazy mess :)
*loves to have her back tickled and rubbed
*is addicted to chocolate milk and basically anything chocolate (typical girl)
*so does NOT care about sitting still long enough to learn to write her name, count, or learn shapes. but will sit and color a beautiful picture for a hour!
Avery is the most like me of all our children...not only in appearance but also in personality. She is a little quiet at first but really just loves to be the center of attention and make everyone feel included and happy! She has quite the imagination and is always dreaming of something outrageous. I am completely smitten with her sweet spirit and am excited to see what God has in store for her.
Leah
*is 8months old and is a TOTAL chub!!
*weighs 22lbs and is about 27inches tall
*wears 12 month clothing and 18mth pj's
*sits very well (even in the bathtub) and can move around a lot on her tush, but doesn't seem to get the whole crawling thing
*loves her mama the best, but her brother is a close second!
*eats jarred food like a champ, but would MUCH prefer to nurse the day away.
*still co-sleeps with me (using me as a pacifier-UGH!) but wakes me up in the morning with a HUGE smile and a growl-her happy sound of choice :)
*has a SERIOUS problem with her diaper and keeping its contents INSIDE
*got her 1st tooth on March28th on the bottom left
*has been getting ear infections over and over again all winter! :(
*has the most adorable laugh (more like a choking chuckle) and smile
*squeezes me with her arms and legs when I pick her up-she REALLY likes to be held
Leah is a dream baby...she has been sleeping through the night since she was 7 weeks old. She is beautiful and is almost always happy as long as she gets enough sleep and milk. She has infantile scoliosis but I just know that it is never going to slow her down. I am excited to see how her relationship with her sister and brother develops as she becomes more aware of them!
Well, if you have made it this far, you deserve a prize. I have pictures of the kids but of course, my card reader is MIA! So, until it shows it's pretty little face this will have to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOVE this Lindsay! They sound so cute- can't wait to catch up again this summer.
I think Xander is Micah's size (he is in a 6 jean, 7/8 shirt and 13 shoes- LOL and a big head ;) ) and Avery is about Addie's size although she could prob. lift Ad as she weighs just 34 lbs. (wears a 4 in jeans and a x/s or small shirt (long torso) and a size 9.5 shoe. Crazy thing is that she will be in K- I think she is going to be Dwarfed!
Love it! Miss your posts about your kiddos, but still get my fix on Facebook. When did your babies get so big? How do you balance it all. Nothing short of amazing! Keep it up lady!
Oh yeah, my g-mail acct. shows up as MOM ever since I posted one anonymous thing about a day care. It's Cookie BTW!
Post a Comment