Monday, October 01, 2007

look at me go...

Yep, I'm back! C'mon-this is a real record here! I figure the way to get more people to read my blog/leave me comments is by being reliable and posting regularly. Well, even if no one reads it, I guess having a few minutes to be quiet and by myself is good for just about anyone, right?

Ugh, what a day-monday the 1st of the month at the pharmacy. Overall, it really could have been much worse, but my last customer really bothered me. Ok here I go: although I love pharmacy and it is definitely my dream to be a pharmacist, I get so worried about all the liability-well, I probably wouldn't be this worried if our professors and mentors wouldn't have pushed the issue 24/7. So...my last customer was coming from her pediatrician's office on a search for "triaminic" and "saline drops" for a 6mth old. ok, so those of you who have ever bought triaminic know that there are 50 different kinds and technically we are not allowed to recommend products for children younger than the dosing on the box. Here's where it gets confusing...UNLESS the patient's doctor has sent them to you for it. SO, I gave her a bottle that is for ages 6yrs and up and gave her the dosing for an 18lb 6mth old. I did tell her to double check with her physician's office that it was the correct formulation for her child. The reason this bothers me is b/c after I give this advice, I second guess myself about 100 times. I don't like leaving for the day with a bad feeling.


ok, on to other news...what to do about a 3yr old who is really overall nice to his baby sister, but gets excited and really "into" whatever game is going on and then ends up hurting the poor little thing. frustrating people!


and just b/c a post is no good without pictures:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a hot soccer coach. hee hee

Jen said...

is that small stuff soccer? Looks like a ton less kids than Micah's class-which is a good thing :)