Monday, August 29, 2005

monday's stink

Today was not a good day! First, we all woke up about 45minutes too late! So, we rushed around to get ready for the day and we skipped breakfast (not good for brain function). Then Poor Xander had a well visit with his Dr. today. It didn't go well at all! They were super busy and we had to wait with a half naked baby in the room for about 45 minutes. There isn't much to entertain an "on-the-go" 1 year old in a 8x8 room! By the time the doctor got there, Xander had had enough! Then during the physical exam, the doctor discovered that Xander's pee-pee had a problem...his foreskin had re-adhered...and, get this folks!, right then and there the Doctor proceeded to rip the skin away from his penis! Yes I said RIP and not just once, but twice!!! Xander about lost it and so did his daddy! I just wanted to soothe him, an impossible feat. Once the doctor left the room, the nurse came back in with 2 shots! It wasn't pretty! So, needless to say, Xander definitely deserved his sucker that he got at the end of the visit! :) He has been fussy, understandably, ALL DAY! Poor guy keeps hitting his "sore spot" and remembering all over again...and he pretty much cried himself to sleep on my chest! I have a feeling I will be up with him quite a few times tonight! At least we get to sleep in on Tuesdays! The Doctor ordered some routine blood work, but I think I will give him a few day to recuperate before I take him for it ! We decided that Monday's just aren't our day! We made his next appointment for a Friday :)


Here is a sleepy Xander eating spaghetti!

And again getting ready for "night-night" in his new jammies (gift from Aunt Shanon!)

1 comment:

Jen said...

awww- poor baby! Cute pics- glad you are figuring all of this out! :)