I found this picture this morning while FINALLY uploading my pictures from february and march!! Yea, I have really been neglecting things like this. He makes this face a lot when really excited but I don't think that I have ever really captured it in a photo! It immediately made me smile!
Speaking of bottling this excitement, I have been thinking a lot lately about how the kids grow up so quickly and I work so much that I miss a lot of their days. It is probably the pregnancy hormones but I used to (like pre-marriage era) have all these ideas of the kinds of things I wanted to do with my kids "one day" and now that those days are here, I realize that we work ALL the time! Mark works like 70 hours a week (6 days) and I work only 40 hours but I travel to so many different pharmacies that it adds quite a bit to my week as well. Plus, my schedule is not fixed and changes every day so there is no consistency to our lives. Our kids have 3 different "regular" sitters plus preschool for Xander. That is a LOT of juggling and shuffling of kids-not really the way I saw things. We are getting more and more convinced this isn't working for us and have been brainstorming different ideas about how to change it...most of them involve cutting WAY back on spending and becoming frugal...which is something we are NOT good at. I believe we can become good at it-with some motivation, which obviously we have-in the forms of Xander and Avery and the new little peanut coming this summer :) The main problem is I don't even really know where to start...any ideas for us???
Hope the picture made you all smile as well!

1 comment:
Love the new picture--I kept checking! Good luck with your big project. We try all the time to put our spending in check but aren't very good at it. My latest attempt: I figured out how much we could spend each week (minus our regular bills) and we keep a running tally in a chart. I know I'm a geek.
Post a Comment