Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Xander too!


So, here is my not-so-little guy! This is his cheesy smile face! Just this morning, he came upstairs to cuddle with me in my bed. I was tickling him and teasing him. We started singing, You are my Sunshine...the song I have always sung since he was born...he knew all the words and I am such a sap that I literally almost started crying just hearing his little voice singing with me. It is amazing to me how quickly time passes and how fast they change from babies into little people. He is so smart and quick-witted (hilarious, if you ask me) and is going to be 4 in just a couple of months. I still remember bringing him home from the hospital and not having a CLUE as to what to do with that screaming little baby :)

This is a continuation photo of the one in my banner. Xander took his little sister all over the yard to have an adventure! It was so stinkin' cute to just see him taking care of her. Asking her, "do you see that, Avery" etc.

Here are some shots from our park outing...

He has played on this swing since he was 7 months old and could sit up well enough for us to put him in it. Somehow, he still manages to shove his long legs in the holes. Getting him out is another story :)

These are from one evening when Avery was in bed and Daddy was at work, when Xander and I put on our pj's and watched 101 Dalmations together. He was giving me all kinds of cheesy/silly faces.




Oh and here is his "serious" face. Apparently he thinks serious means sad....don't worry-he was just pretending and looked like this about 3 seconds later...

.
Hmm...other Xander facts...

He has a new friend-probably his real first friend that he made all by himself, rather than me setting up playdates with my friends and their kids. I'll have to remember to take a picture of the two of them together. His name is Oscar and he is 5! He is freakin' adorable, but it definitely amazes me how much little boys change between 3 and 5 years old. Sheesh...they don't seem to mind the age difference, however and play together just fine. He is our neighbor and comes over to our house about once a week to "hang out". He was here yesterday and I was paying bills online and listening in to their conversation. Xander said he had to go upstairs to go potty so he would be right back, but he had to hurry b/c he didn't want to pee in his pants. Oscar commented back that he NEVER pees in his pants and Xander said "Oh me either" hee hee...LIES, all LIES! :) Anyway, the boys favorite thing to do besides play video games of course is to jump on our bouncer outside. So, whenever Xander hasn't seen Oscar for a few days, he asks to set up the bouncer as if it will call Oscar over. He hasn't yet picked up on the going over to his house to see if he is home ;)

Here is Xander in the bouncer hoping for Oscar to come out and play

One of me and him cracking up at the park-we have really become close lately...I love to listen to him tell me stories and made up imaginings-whatever is going on in his mind :)

Here he is when we colored easter eggs...he just loves any kind of project that we get to do together. He is actually really crafty. I will have to add a picture of his artwork. That reminds me...for anyone who remembers the post from last fall about a birdhouse that Mark and Xander built together and then he and I painted, I would just like to update that we now have a family of birdies living in it! Xander couldn't be more thrilled that we "trapped" them :)


Posing with his cups full of eggs.



A boy and his dog, Lucy. They are now sharing a bedroom and loving every minute of it! Another new accomplishment for Xander is that he is FINALLY sleeping in his BIG BOY ROOM! Ever since Avery stopped co-sleeping around 9 or 10 months, he was scared at night b/c he would hear her when she woke up crying....so that started a pattern of him sleeping in our room. It happened so frequently, that we finally moved his toddler bed to the end of ours so at least we weren't getting kicked all night long. Well, now he has his very own Thomas the Train bedroom. I even painted a Thomas on the wall (talk about a labor of LOVE!) and he got a new bedroom set. He has slept there everynight without a single complaint. I am loving what a big boy he is! Although, sometimes I do miss leaning over the end of my bed and watching that sweet boy sleep! :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Geez, I thought I had checked more recently than APRIL! Love all the pictures and hearing about Xander and his Mommy. New post please!