So I have been officially back to work (from maternity leave) for 1 week. It was rough. I cannot explain my sheer joy during my drive to the sitter's every day to pick up the kids. Xander had a tough time and showed it by not wanting to go home with me. We had a couple rough days, but I understand that he has such a good time there and change is hard for 2-year olds. Avery was stubborn in her own sweet way! She was happy and played well all week but barely ate. So, we were up late and frequently in the evenings. Mark had Friday off and stayed with them both all day and she seemed to do a little better that day.
We have finally decided just to switch Xander to big boy u.n.d.e.r.w.e.a.r. and see how it goes. He just seems to take it in stride and when he forgets and has an accident he just tells us he is wet and goes on with what he is doing. We have just been taking him there every 30 mins or so and it seems to be working for the most part. #2 is a bit trickier b/c he is definitely one of those kids who needs his privacy. He doesn't want to talk about it until the deed is done. I just encourage him and tell him that I will be here when he is ready to be cleaned up. Amazingly, he did it today and was so proud of himself! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well at the sitters this week. I have a feeling it could require a lot of laundry and accidents before he fully gets it, but I think our inconsistency wasn't helping the situation so we have decided to bite the bullet!
Avery is 4months old today! She is growing like crazy and is such an adorable well-behaved baby! 4month milestones as follows:
*she is giggling more and more every day
*she loves to "talk" before falling asleep, she just goes on and on-mostly making a 'muuum, mumm' sound
*she is happiest upon waking up for the day when she stretches and stretches as much as she can, we spend a few minutes talking to her and she just smiles and yawns :)
*she held her first toy today, a little plastic fish, and tried to eat it of course
*she got a doll/rattle from Meema for Easter and loves to suck on her face!
*she has rolled over several times but never when you think she may, she is strong and lays on her tummy for a long time but hasn't figured out to use her arms to push herself up even further
*she is so calm that if you sit her in her bouncy chair or car seat she will just look around until she gets tired and then will doze off never making a peep!
*she had her first nap in her crib last night for about 45 minutes! (she usually takes small frequent naps, never lasting longer than an hour)
We had professional pictures taken last week and pick them up on Wednesday so I will post them soon!
We have finally decided just to switch Xander to big boy u.n.d.e.r.w.e.a.r. and see how it goes. He just seems to take it in stride and when he forgets and has an accident he just tells us he is wet and goes on with what he is doing. We have just been taking him there every 30 mins or so and it seems to be working for the most part. #2 is a bit trickier b/c he is definitely one of those kids who needs his privacy. He doesn't want to talk about it until the deed is done. I just encourage him and tell him that I will be here when he is ready to be cleaned up. Amazingly, he did it today and was so proud of himself! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well at the sitters this week. I have a feeling it could require a lot of laundry and accidents before he fully gets it, but I think our inconsistency wasn't helping the situation so we have decided to bite the bullet!
Avery is 4months old today! She is growing like crazy and is such an adorable well-behaved baby! 4month milestones as follows:
*she is giggling more and more every day
*she loves to "talk" before falling asleep, she just goes on and on-mostly making a 'muuum, mumm' sound
*she is happiest upon waking up for the day when she stretches and stretches as much as she can, we spend a few minutes talking to her and she just smiles and yawns :)
*she held her first toy today, a little plastic fish, and tried to eat it of course
*she got a doll/rattle from Meema for Easter and loves to suck on her face!
*she has rolled over several times but never when you think she may, she is strong and lays on her tummy for a long time but hasn't figured out to use her arms to push herself up even further
*she is so calm that if you sit her in her bouncy chair or car seat she will just look around until she gets tired and then will doze off never making a peep!
*she had her first nap in her crib last night for about 45 minutes! (she usually takes small frequent naps, never lasting longer than an hour)
We had professional pictures taken last week and pick them up on Wednesday so I will post them soon!
Avery with her little boyfriend Landon (9mths old)
xander loves to read!
A few of my pretty girl!
"who wants to tickle my belly?"
here I am sharing secrets with the newest member of my clique!! boy or girl???

3 comments:
I love that colorful sundress, Avery looks so cute in it :)
Sorry to hear you are back at work--yuck! What cute kids you have! I love Avery's belly.
I think that avery and xander are beginning to look like bro and sis!
(BTW I think Janel is having a boy..just guessing)!
Post a Comment